Growth Manager (Account Executive) (Remote) (Portland, ME)
MarketerHire’s mission is to make expert marketing accessible to everyone. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of amazing, pre-vetted marketing talent and it is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike. By giving all companies access to amazing marketers - entrepreneurs and enterprises can focus on building great products.
We are also contributing to the future of work for our talented marketers. Our platform helps them earn significant additional income while maintaining their full-time job or taking a lot of the hassle and risk out of being full-time freelance. All of our jobs are also default-remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
You’ll be joining a high-energy, fast-paced team that takes a consultative approach to sales. Your primary role will be to introduce customers to MarketerHire and connect them with the best marketing resources to acheive their goals and objectives. Our customers range from founders to executives to marketers with a wide mix of industries and company stages.
To excel at this position, you must be incredibly organized, have exceptional customer service skills, are self motivated, and have super human attention to detail. You have the hunger and hustle to get things done despite competing priorities and go above and beyond as needed to deliver results.
This is a remote position.
- Research assigned leads to better connect with them, understand their needs, and identify critical business opportunities.
- Conduct discovery calls with leads and determine client fit.
- Establish strong relationships with all prospective customers and own customer experience from lead-in to contract signed and beyond.
- Keep all deals up to date in HubSpot including logging and tracking all correspondence over email, phone, and text.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and competitors.
- Track your performance against team and individual goals and proactively collaborate with Sales Team Lead on how to improve performance as needed.
- Be highly responsive to all internal and external communication in Slack and email.
- 1-3+ years of experience in a sales role responsible for closing new business.
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing either in a direct marketing role or working with a marketing team.
- You must have excellent customer service skills, be an exceptional communicator (both written and verbal), and have an outstanding phone presence.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- You exude a positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- You have the ability and desire to discover pain points and help customers resolve them.
- You are capable of flourishing in a competitive environment.
- You have superhuman time management and organizational skills.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at MarketerHire yet also be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, but not required.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into MarketerHire.
- Learn MarketerHire’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working alongside to close new business.
In the first month you will:
- Complete our sales training program.
- Begin having leads assigned and calling them, understanding their initial needs, overcoming any objections, communicating the value proposition of MarketerHire, and closing the leads that are a good fit for MarketerHire and our model.
- Work alongside the cross-functional teams to ensure your prospects are progressing through the funnel.
- Begin closing new business.
In the first three months you will:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Complete additional vertical specific training.
- Possess a healthy pipeline of prospects that are working through your funnel.
- Exhibit a successful track record of closing new business.
In the first six months you will:
- Have a solid track record of being assigned leads and closing new business by consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Identify areas of process improvement to help increase efficiency and effectiveness for the team.
In the first year you will:
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about MarketerHire, our model and pass along best practices.
- Continue to capture and close new business along with managing your funnel to consistently meet and exceed sales targets.
- Become a proven, solid and consistent contributor on the team.
Marketerhire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.